There were 3.7 billion global e-mail users just three years ago, and this number is expected to reach 4.481 billion by 2024.
Email marketing is here to stay.
And as email marketing continues to grow, we are presented with so many different options when trying to choose the best email marketing platform for our business.
This article will take a detailed look at both pros and cons of some of the top email service providers, so you can make the right decision for your business.
What are the best email marketing services?
The company started with a mission to help professional bloggers earn a living online.
Since then, they’ve expanded their mission to help creators, such as bloggers, podcasters, and YouTubers, with email marketing.
There are currently 250,000 creators using Convertkit to deliver their emails to customers.
- Customizable opt-in forms
- Templates for landing page creation
- Email designer
- Integration with other software
- Convertkit’s deliverability is top-notch, even compared to other top Email Service Providers (ESPs).
- The software is used by well-known figures, such as Tim Ferriss, Tim McGraw, and many more.
- It provides rich text email templates, which help to bypass spam filters.
- They offer to transfer your list and all your data from your previous ESP if you have a list of over 5,000 subscribers.
- It can be a tad expensive for someone looking for basic email software with simple features.
- Features can be a little overwhelming, especially if you don’t have enough marketing knowledge to take full advantage of the software.
Convertkit offers a free plan.
These are some of the features that come with the free plan.
The price for a paid plan varies with how many subscribers you have on your list.
The paid plan comes with additional features.
You won’t regret going with Convertkit if you are a blogger looking to build your email subscribers.
You can start for free, so give it a shot.
Aweber started in 1988, and the company has helped over 1,000,000 small businesses expand their businesses via email marketing since then.
- Email automation
- Segmentation of subscribers
- Autoresponder follow-ups
- Website sign-up forms
- Their customer support is excellent. They reply fast and are personal.
- Aweber’s deliverability is top-notch.
- They are trusted by a lot of top online marketers.
- Their prices are not too high compared to other ESPs.
- They don’t have a free plan, although they do offer a free trial.
- Their email templates can use a little more frequent updating.
Aweber’s prices depend on the number of subscribers you have, just like any other ESPs.
The image below shows their price of up to 25,000 subscribers.
Once your subscriber count exceeds 25,000, you need to contact them directly to negotiate the price.
Awbers offers a 30-day free trial, so you have no reason not to try.
Activecampaign has over 100,000 users around the world and over 600 employees.
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Sales & CRM
- Machine learning
- Activecampaign is built for automation. If automation is your priority, then you can’t go wrong with this software.
- They also offer you a variety of different email types, such as broadcast emails, email autoresponders, and many more.
- You can send and receive text messages.
- They have in-depth reporting, which includes page visits, geo-tracking, e-commerce, and more.
- 24/7 chat support that promptly responds to your inquiries.
- They have great deliverability that’s on par with their top competitors.
- Their price is on the expensive side compared to many other email service providers.
- The software can be a little more user-friendly. It can be a little overwhelming for those who are not tech-savvy.
- Only a professional plan provides an analysis of a customer’s action until a conversion.
The price for each plan increases as you gain more subscribers.
Lite plan: It comes features, such as unlimited sending, email marketing, and many more.
Plus plan: The plan contains all features from the Lite plan. It has extra features, such as Facebook custom audiences, lead and contact scoring, SMS marketing, and more.
Professional plan: It has all features from the plus plan, and comes with additional features, such as predictive sending, predictive content, win probability, and more.
Enterprise plan: This is the most premium plan from Activecampaign. It has extra features, such as custom reporting, custom domain, dedicated account rep, and many more. The plan contains everything from the professional plan.
Mailchimp was created as an alternative to the expensive email software of the early 2000s.
Since then, it has grown into one of the biggest email marketing service providers in the world, with more than 1 billion emails sent daily.
The Similarweb estimates that the Mailchimp website gets nearly 30 million visitors a month, which is a gigantic number.
- Custom forms
- Subscriber profiles
- A/B testing
- Mailchimp offers a free plan of up to 1,000 subscribers.
- It is one of the most beginner-friendly software.
- You can create landing pages, although they don’t offer a lot of customizations.
- Mailchimp integrates with most software.
- The platform is not great for affiliate marketers. You can still promote affiliate products, but they don’t want people using their platform to generate leads for others primarily.
- Mailchimp falls a little short for automation. It has enough features for most beginner marketers, but not quite enough for advanced marketers.
- The paid plans are quite expensive, especially when you start to get a lot of subscribers on your list.
- The software is designed for small to mid-sized businesses.
Free plan: You can build up to 2,000 email subscribers without paying for anything. If you are a beginner who’s just getting started with email marketing, then this is a hard offer to refuse.
Essentials plan: With the essentials plan, you can build up to 50,000 subscribers, although you will have to pay more as you add more subscribers to your list.
It includes every feature in the free plan, and also comes with all email templates, A/B testing, custom branding, and 24/7 support.
Standard plan: This is Mailchimp’s most recommended plan. The plan allows you to build up to 100,000 email subscribers.
You have access to all features from the essentials plan, and you also get advanced audience insights, retargeting ads, custom templates, and more.
Premium plan: The plan offers advanced features, such as advanced segmentation, multivariate testing, and phone support.
The premium plan allows you to host over 200,000 email subscribers, and you also gain access to features from all previous plans.
You can get started with Mailchimp for free, so don’t waste your time, and give it a shot.