A study shows that nearly 70% of consumers say a website’s loading speed impacts their purchasing decisions.
Choosing the right web hosting service can have a noticeable difference in the speed of your website, and this is important because your visitors will not be patient enough to stick around when your website takes five seconds to load.
Since we have now learned the importance of a good web hosting service, let’s talk about some of the best web hosting services that are currently available in the market.
What is the best web hosting service?
The company was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth.
When they started, they hoped to help people to fully harness the web and provide an easy tool for users of all levels to get started with web hosting.
Bluehost currently powers more than two millions of websites, and the company has over 750 employees who are ready to help you 24/7.
Additionally, Bluehost has been recommended by WordPress for more than a decade.
- 24/7 support
- Unlimited disk storage.
- Support international domain names.
- Free domain for one year.
- 1-click WordPress install.
- Free SSL Certificate
- Built-in security
- Unlimited subdomains
- Site statistics
- Spam protection
- Fast web pages
- Easy to use dashboard
- Affordable price.
- It’s one of the biggest web hosting services, so you don’t have to worry about the company going out of business.
- Although Bluehost offers 24/7 support, some users have questioned the quality of their support. The support quality may have dropped since they were acquired by EIG, which may be due to EIG outsourcing support to other companies.
Bluehost offers four plans.
The basic plan costs $2.95 a month. It comes with one website hosting, 50 GB SSD storage, one included domain, and more.
The plus plan costs $5.45 a month. It allows you to host unlimited websites, provides protection against spam, and free 30-day access to office 365 mailbox.
The choice plus will also cost you $5.45 a month. It includes additional features, such as domain privacy and protection, and site backup on top of all of the perks in the plus plan. It’s the most recommended plan from Bluehost.
Pro plan costs $13.95 a month, and it includes all of the features from the lesser-priced plans. It also comes with increased spam protection and a dedicated IP.
A2hosting is another company that specializes in fast WordPress hosting.
The company started back in 2001, and they are independently owned, unlike a lot of other hosting companies in the space.
They have data centers all over the world and offer a wide range hosting from shared web hosting to a reseller, VPS, and dedicated servers.
- It offers a developer-friendly supporting PHP, MySQL 5.6, and ASP.NET.
- Domain registration.
- Easy domain transfers.
- SSL certificates.
- They don’t outsource their support team, which means it’ll likely be better quality than some of their competitors that do.
- You can contact their support via phone, email, or chat.
- The company offers a discounted price for your first year, but the price goes up after one year, although this is the case for most web hosting companies.
- You can’t purchase country-specific domains.
- It can get pricey if your website is getting hundreds of thousands of visitors a month since you’ll want to upgrade to their dedicated hosting package, which starts at $120 a month.
You get four general plans with a2hosting.
Note that the prices below are based on a 36-month contract.
Shared hosting starts at $2.99 a month if you purchase their most basic 36-month contract plan. If you go with monthly payment, the price will shoot up to $10.99.
It comes with features, such as free SSL certificate and automated server rewind backups. You can also upgrade to a turbo plan, which is a little more expensive but offers substantially faster speed for your website.
VPS hosting starts at $5 a month, but you may pay well above $50 if you go with a higher-priced plan.
It offers higher speed and better security. The plan also includes managed hardware and network, and reliable uptime commitment.
Reseller hosting starts at $13.19 a month for a bronze plan, and the platinum begins at $40.91. They come with SSD optimized hardware and server location options.
The dedicated server will cost you $99.59 a month, and you’ll be paying more than $248.99 with the higher-priced plan. It comes with complete isolation, which means no resources are shared with others.
The company started in a dorm room by Brent Oxley, and It has transformed into a top provider of shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated web hosting.
They currently have several international offices throughout the globe.
In 2012, the company was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG), but they still operate under the same name as with most other companies that are acquired by EIG.
- Offers website builder with a drag-and-drop function.
- One-click installation to create any type of website.
- No contract and a 45-day money-back guarantee
- SSL Certification.
- Latest cPanel web hosting control.
- It uses redundant systems, which means if one of the disks goes down, then the other one will take over, and your website will work just fine.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee. The company offers a one-month worth credit to customers that experience anything less their promised uptime.
- Customer support that’s available via phone, email, chat 24/7.
- It’s intuitive and user-friendly, which makes it easy to navigate around the site.
- Their basic plans are quite cheap and ideal for beginners.
- Page loading speed may lag behind some of the other top hosting services.
- Their VPS plans can be on the more expensive side.
HostGator has three plans.
Hatchling plan starts at $2.75 a month. You can host a single domain, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, and free domain included.
The baby plan starts at $3.95 a month, and you get unlimited domain hosting. You’ll also get all of the features from the Hatchling plan.
The business plan starts at $5.95 a month. It includes all of the features from the previous ones and comes with extra features, such as free SEO tools, and a free dedicated IP.
SiteGround started in 2004, and they’ve grown into a big name in the web hosting space with offices in several different parts of the world, including North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- Free SSL certificate and daily backup.
- 24/7 support.
- Free site builder available if you don’t plan to use WordPress.
- One-click WordPress installer
- You have the option to choose a different continent for your server, so you can optimize your site speed if your website attracts the majority of visitors from a particular location.
- They manage each of your websites independently, and you can also add different users for each one. It’s a useful feature if you have a big team that manages your website.
- Most users highly praise their support team.
- You can backup and restore data, which are features that are available in Growbig and Gogeek plan.
- 99.9% uptime.
- Fast loading speed.
- Their new design is easy to navigate and user-friendly.
- You can use the latest PHP, which adds extra security to your website.
- They are definitely on the expensive side compared to their competitors.
- They charge you $14.95 for a set-up fee if you purchase their monthly plan instead of paying annually.
- Unlimited data transfer.
- Free SSL certificate, website backup, and transfer.
- cPanel access.
- Easy website building.
- They are powered by Google cloud.
- You can contact their support 24/7 via phone, chat, ticket.
- Recommended by WordPress.
Siteground has three basic plans for its shared hosting service.
The StartUp plan starts at $3.95 a month, but you’ll have to pay $11.95 a month when you renew.
You can host one website with this plan, and it’s a recommended plan for up to 10,000 visits a month. You also get 10 GB web space, daily backup, free SSL, free CDN, free email, and unlimited databases.
The GrowBig plan costs $5.95 a month and goes up to $19.95 for a renewal.
It includes unlimited website hosting, and this plan is suitable for a website that generates around 25,000 visitors a month. You also get 20 GB web space.
The GoGeek plan starts at $11.95 a month, and $34.95 when you renew. You will get 40 GB space, and it can comfortably handle about 100,000 monthly visits. You also get extra features, such as priority support and the highest tier of server resources.
Siteground also offers cloud hosting for users with websites that generate a lot of traffic.
The price of cloud hosting ranges from $80 to $240 a month.
The company started in 1997, and they currently have over 400,000 customers and host over 1.5 million websites. Their vision is to help people own their digital presence.
- 24/7 365 support via live chat, email, and social media.
- Custom control panel.
- 100% uptime guarantee.
- Uses SSDs to speed up your website.
- All of the hosting plans except the starter shared program provide free email hosting.
- You can transfer your domain name to Dreamhost with no hassle.
- They offer WP Site builder
- Their shared hosting comes with a 97-day money-back guarantee, which effectively eliminates any risk on your part.
- They give you the option to pay monthly, while a lot of other hosting service providers require you to pay annually.
- If you go with their managed WordPress hosting, you can get access to their stage site feature. This feature allows you to create a copy of your website and make a change without affecting your original website. Once you like the changes you made, you can update your original site by importing the data from your stage site.
- They don’t increase the price after the first month, which is a common practice among other web hosting companies.
- If you are a charity or a non-profit organization, they give you web hosting for free.
- They don’t offer support via phone.
- They use a custom made control panel instead of using the cPanel, so you may need a little bit of time to adjust to its panel if you are used to cPanel.
Dreamhost has three plans. They also allow you to pay monthly without any commitments or contracts.
The starter plan starts at $4.95 a month. You can host one website with unlimited traffic and unmetered bandwidth. It also comes with a free SSL certificate.
The Dreampass plan starts at $10 a month, and It is specially designed for WordPress. It comes with one website hosting, and it’s suitable for a site that generates around 100,000 monthly visitors a month. You also get 30 GB SSD storage with the plan.
VPS plan begins at $15 a month, and they will host your website on their trusted virtual private servers. You can also host unlimited websites and emails with with the plan.
Hostinger started in 2004, and it is now home to more than 400 employees.
The company provides hosting to over 29 million users and generates around 15,000 new sign-ups every day, which speak for their success.
- 24/7 support team via chat and email.
- You get unlimited web hosting with premium and business plans.
- SSL certificate included at no extra cost.
- It is one of the cheapest hosting services available.
- Their support team provides excellent support.
- Fast loading speed and uptime despite the low price.
- Daily backup is only available with the business plan.
- The company uses a custom made control panel called hPanal instead of using the cPanel, which may or may not be a deal-breaker depending on how much you prefer to use cPanel. But, you’re not missing out on anything with their hPanel.
- No phone support available.
- They are relatively new to the game, and they like to experiment with different features to find the most optimal one. So if stability is your priority, then you may want to go with more established providers.
Hostinger has three plans.
The single shared hosting costs only $0.99 a month, and the price goes up to $2.15 after the first month.
You can host one website and one email account. You also get limited bandwidth of 100 GB.
The premium shared hosting costs $2.89, and the price increases to $3.49 in the second month.
You can host unlimited websites, bandwidth, and email accounts.
The business shared hosting starts at $3.99 a month, and it is $7.95 after the first month.
You get all the features from the premium plan along with daily backups, free SSL certificate, and four times processing power and memory.
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Westhost started in 1998 to deliver the most powerful, secure web hosting at a reasonable price.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Automatic malware removal.
- Backups included.
- Their price is relatively low.
- You can get a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
- There are several complaints about the quality of their customer support online.
- They’ve struggled to keep up with their competitions in the past few years.
- Average website speed.
Westhost offers three plans.
The starter plan costs $1.99 a month for the first year and increases to $8.00 a month afterward. It’s good for around 10,000 monthly visits, and you also get backups with the plan.
The preferred hosting will cost you $5.20 a month and goes up to $13 for a renewal. You get unlimited websites and databases along with 200 GB disk space and 2500 GB bandwidth.
The business plan starts at $6.40 a month, and they’ll charge you $16 a month for renewing the contract. You get unlimited websites, disk space, bandwidth, and database.